There are two entrances to Church House, Westminster. One is located in Dean's Yard which is accessed by steps from street level; please note there is no public vehicular access to Dean's Yard. The second entrance is on Great Smith Street (near the junction with Victoria Street). It has convenient wheelchair access from street level and is closer to the lifts inside the building.
Disabled parking bays
There is no parking available at Church House. Below we have detailed a list of disabled parking spaces nearby; some limit the amount of time you can park.
- Little Smith Street (outside of Church House garage)
- Great Peter Street (in front of number 14)
- Great Smith Street (two parking bays on the corner of Gayfere Street)
- Smith Square (in front of Local Government House)
- Smith Square (In front of number 7)
In-house facilities include:
- Wheelchair access throughout the building and all rooms, except the Jubilee Room.
- Text telephone capabilities in our Conference Office.
- Specially adapted toilets on the lower ground (near cloakroom) and the first floor (near the Convocation Hall and Hoare Memorial Hall).
- Induction loops are available. Some loops are permanently installed in the meeting rooms and we have a supply of mobile loops available for meeting rooms where they are not built-in. Please let us know in advance if you require one. The reception desks at both entrances and all passenger lifts are fitted with induction loops.
- Passenger lifts are equipped with voice synthesisers announcing the floor and emergency information for sight impaired visitors.
- Full staging available for hire including a wheelchair access ramp for any speakers requiring this facility. Please let us know your requirements when ordering staging.
- All rooms are flat-floored allowing for flexible seating arrangements. Please note that accommodating a large number of physically disabled visitors will reduce the stated capacity of each room.
- All staff participate in regular disability awareness training and are trained first aiders with current certification.
- Telephones for use by physically disabled visitors are available in the Conference Office located on the lower ground floor.
- Mobile phone charging facilities (available on request).
Disabled access policy
It is our policy to make our facilities as accessible as possible to all visitors. If you have any specific requirements not outlined here, please contact the Operations Manager on 020 7390 1590 who will be able to help. We welcome any comments or suggestions on how we can improve our service and accessibility.
- Larger text and images: For individuals with diminished eyesight, you can zoom into our website using Ctrl + and zoom out using Ctrl -
- Traversing objects: For individuals who find it difficult to use pointer devices, the 'Tab' button can be used to select any area of the website.
- Our website uses alt tags to make it accessible to people using non-visual browsers.