· 1/2 cup tricolor dry quinoa
· 6 cups slightly packed chopped kale (it will take about 1 1/2 bunches. Remove thick ribs before chopping, 6 oz chopped)
· 2 sweet apples, cored and chopped
· 1 cup walnuts, lightly toasted and roughly chopped
· 1/2 cup dried cranberries
· 1/2 cup olive oil
· 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
· 2 Tbsp honey
· 1 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
· Salt to taste
1. Cook quinoa according to directions on package and cool completely.
2. While quinoa is cooling, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, honey, dijon and salt in a jar or bowl.
3. Add kale to a salad bowl, whisk dressing once more then pour 3/4 of the dressing over kale and toss until kale is evenly coated. Cover bowl and chill 15 minutes.
4. Remove salad from refrigerator, add apples, quinoa, walnuts and cranberries. Pour remaining dressing over salad then toss.
5. Serve or store covered in refrigerator for up to 4 hours.