On Day 16 of #churchhouseadvent we turn our attention to Christmas drinks. A sure way to get a party off to a good start begins with arrival drinks as guests are welcomed to the reception.
We have asked our Sales & Marketing Team to let us know their suggestions for a drinks reception. Marina Papadopoulou is our Business Development Manager, Veronika Kabrun is our Sales & Marketing Assistant and Elana Kruger is our Marketing Manager. Click here to find out more about our team members.
Marina’s Champagne Twist Cocktail
- 45ml vodka
- 45ml brandy
- 1 tsp sherry
- 45ml Champagne
Stir the vodka, brandy and sherry well with cracked ice. Strain into a chilled martini glass and add Champagne.
Veronika’s Winter Warmer Cup
- 30ml vanilla vodka
- 30ml whiskey
- 120ml apple juice
- a pinch of ground cinnamon
- brown sugar for the rim
- cinnamon stick for garnish
- Wet the rim of your glass just a little, and gently sugar the rim with the brown sugar.
- In a martini shaker, pour the vodka, whiskey, apple juice and ground cinnamon together with a handful of ice cubes.
- Shake 10 times and pour the contents into the glass without wiping off the sugar rim.
- Serve chilled and with a cinnamon stick, for garnish.
Elana’s Festive Sparkling Punch
- 1 bottle red burgundy
- 30 ml brandy
- 2 bottles champagne
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 litre sparkling water
- 1 cup fresh hulled strawberries or raspberries
- 2 juice oranges
- Block of ice
Pour the Burgundy and sugar into a punch bowl and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Add the brandy, stirring well. Place the block of ice in the bowl, and pour in the Champagne and the sparkling water. Garnish the top of the ice block with strawberries or raspberries. Cut the orange into thin wheels and float them on top of the punch.