Christmas Traditions at Church House Westminster
We asked our team what their Christmas traditions were, as we know everyone has their own way to make this time of year special and unique. We thought we would share some of them with you..
- Christmas doesn’t start in our household until we have watched all our favourite Christmas movies including Home Alone, Elf, Love Actually and the Sound of Music all whilst enjoying a mince pie and glass of mulled wine
- Visiting Santa’s grotto is a must when you have children, or a drive around town to admire the best of the Christmas-crazy house lights
- Sharing the festive cheer at the Christmas markets, our favourite is Winter Wonderland which gets bigger and better every year
- Attending a pantomime or Christmas carol concert, we particularly recommend the Royal Albert Hall Christmas carol sing-a-long
- Christmas Eve must consist of a night curled up in front of the TV with matching Christmas pyjamas, a takeaway and Christmas movie
- Going to the local church illuminated by flickering candles and filled with the sound of carols to celebrate midnight mass
- Keeping Santa and his reindeers happy by leaving out treats including carrots, mince pies and milk
- Starting off the day with some morning bubbles of champagne or Bucks Fizz whilst opening gifts
- No Christmas Day would be complete without playing a series of board games with the whole family after or sometimes during Christmas lunch
- One of our more unusual traditions for Christmas Day involves playing golf
- Setting a boxing day theme for the whole family involving fancy dress, food and games
- Braving the chilly North Sea and taking part in the Boxing Day Dip for charity
- At midnight on Christmas Day it is the start of the Boxing Day test in Melbourne Australia, you have to watch at least the first hour!
For more information about Church House Westminster please do get in touch via our contact form or give us a call on 020 7390 1590 to discuss your event.