Venue Search London, a free venue finding service, has recently published 2018 London Christmas Party Survey which reveals the latest trends in this core and valuable sector of the capital’s event market.
The survey covers the party choices of over 36,000 guests in the 2017 season, with a total spend in excess of £3m.
Here are the top trends from the survey:
- The average spend per head rose by 2% in 2017 to £86.44 + VAT, with the proportion of buyers spending over £100 +VAT per guest rose from 28% to 32% in 2017.
- 55% of parties are now held at restaurants, bars and clubs (up from 52% in 2016), with 60% of buyers still opting for the more formal seated meal catering style.
- Thursdays and Fridays remain the most popular nights for parties, accounting for 69% of the total market. There is an increasing trend towards lunchtime events, which now represent 21% of the total Christmas events market.
- Average party numbers are likely to increase for 2018, with 30% of respondees indicating a likely increase in guests for 2018 and only 4% forecasting a reduction in their numbers from 2017.
- 45% of total surveyed event spend was booked through venue finders and event agencies, representing an 11% increase from 2017.
This Christmas Church House Westminster is offering three amazing Christmas party packages, which have been carefully created to suit a range of parties. With a few dates remaining, there is still time to organise your Christmas in the heart of Westminster. Alternatively, why not go with the trend and consider a Christmas lunch, or even January, when our Christmas packages will still be available, just a thought!
Located in the tranquil Dean’s Yard, Church House is one of the capital’s true hidden gems. With Westminster Abbey floodlit as the backdrop, it is the ideal setting to celebrate the festive season. Find more details about our London Christmas Party Venue packages or get in touch via our contact form or give us a call on 020 7390 1590 to discuss your Christmas.
For more information about Venue Search London, please visit their website.