arrow arrow2 audio-visual catering close delegate-day-rate download-icon form-icon instagram-iconlinkedin-iconlogo-mobile pattern phone-icon pinterestquotes twitter-icontwitter youtube-icon

One of London’s Most Sustainable Venues

We are proud to announce that Church House Westminster has been featured as Hire Space’s Top Sustainable Conference Venue in London, amongst six other spectacular eco-friendly venues!

On our mission to help save the planet we actively seek to minimise and manage the environmental impact of all our operations and offerings.

Our sustainability policy includes our commitment to being net zero by 2030. We will:

  • Integrate environmental management into our everyday operations.
  • Improve our environmental efficiency.
  • Help our clients and tenants reduce their carbon footprint using our building.

Here’s what we have achieved to date.

We have implemented water-saving initiatives – the biggest one being the conversion of our urinals to a waterless system. We have 74 urinals in the building that used to flush 3 times an hour irrespective of use. This conversion has reduced our consumption by 80% (that’s 12,000,000 litres of water in 2021 compared with a 2018 baseline).

By reviewing our operating hours and tighter control of our lighting systems we have seen a 23% reduction in electricity use on the 2019 baseline. 2022/23 we are refitting a large area of the building which will see the move to LED lighting and better air quality control which will allow us to reduce the amount of electricity used to ventilate the building. All electricity used at Church House has been renewable for at least 4 years and will continue to be so.

We send no waste to landfill. 75% of all waste from Church House is either recycled or sent for the anaerobic digestion (which generates gas and fertiliser from waste food) the remaining 25% of waste is used for energy recovery to power homes and businesses.

Cleaning materials & supplies
We have recently changed our cleaning contract with a Planet Mark certified contractor. We now use recycled paper products throughout the building and use chemical-free cleaning processes.

For more information please get in touch with us via our contact form or give us a call on 020 7390 1590 to discuss your event


Stay in touch with us. Subscribe to get the latest news in your inbox.